Thursday, August 20, 2009
Rovers will be needed to assist in Wildlife Education, Photography, Public Relations and many others beside open a booth on SFN Campaign.
# Participations : 18years old and above
Pls be in activity attire:
Zoo Negara Volunteer Programme is about to provide a close relation between human and wildlife by learning to understand their needs and social behaviour.
By volunteering hand in hand with zookeepers, these programme also build up your self-confidence and spirit through the community service and raise awareness to the wildlife conservation.
Apart from this, we will also learn to get a chance to explore behind the scene as a zookeeper by assisting them on daily routine.
1. To assist our animal keepers in providing daily care for the animals, including exhibit cleaning, food preparation and animal behavioural enrichment activities.
2. To assist our animal keepers in exhibit maintenance.
3. To assist our animal keepers with special projects, including research and exhibit modifications
4. To assist our horticulture and plants landscaping around the zoo.
5. To support office management ; including data entry, filing, updating records, preparing promotional kits, etc.
6. To support the marketing team during internal and external zoo events, including set- up and / or tear down.
7. To assist wherever help is needed on an ad – hoc basis.
If interested pls reserve your attendance via sms or email or reply SFN Group before 30August2009 including full name, identity card no., hand phone no.
Arvind : 0126788805
Soh Chee Wei : Zon HQ - 0123456580
Peter : Zon Bangsar - 0123788693
Najib : Zon Sentul - 0173251093
Azlan : Zon Pudu - 0132654149
ON THE DAY OF VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME
Please arrive at the zoo 45 MINUTES BEFORE the above programme starts to make sure that the Volunteer Programme is not postponed to another date.
Proceed to the GATE 3, ZOO NEGARA (Security Post) and the person in-charge must register the group by fill in the Zoo Volunteer Book at the Security Post.
Please gather at the Zoology Office’s Foyer (near Gate 3) and our Education Officer will be waiting for your group.
7.15 am : Volunteer arrival and registration
8.15 am : Welcome note & safety briefing
by Education Officer
8.30 am : Volunteer distribution by Zoology Duty Officer
10.00 am : Tea break*/REST
10.20 am : Volunteering work continues
1.00 pm : Lunch and break* / REST
2.00 pm : Volunteering work continues
4.30 pm : Volunteer program ends
Selangor Darul Ehsan
By Light Rail Transit System (LRT) :
- Alight at Wangsa Maju Station, Kelana Jaya Line
- Board a taxi to Zoo Negara
By Bus :
- Metrobus number 16 from Central Market, KL
- Rapid KL number U34 from Putra LRT Station, Wangsamaju, KL
- Rapid KL number U23 from Titiwangsa Station, KL